
Tonight we went out to eat with everyone else. MIL and FIL took us all out to eat at Fisherman's Wharf. It's a nice seafood restaurant right on the water. You can see the boats coming and going from the docks in Destin Harbor. It's a little on the expensive side, too.
FIL and I both ordered snow crab legs, but we didn't get them. The waiter came back to the table to tell us they were all out. FIL ended up getting fried grouper. I got fried jumbo shrimp. It was still really good. Their hush puppies are delicious, too. I got a baked potato with it too. We all enjoyed the meal very much.
After we ate we went out on the deck of the restaurant and took some family pictures. We took pictures of each family and then had a hostess at the restaurant take a picture of all of us. She was really nice about it. It was fun, too.
Then, we went back down to the board walk to look in the shops again. I ended up getting the kids t-shirts. Neither of them would pick out a t-shirt so I just made up my mind I was going to pick them out and buy them myself. I got Caleb a pirate themed one and Michaela's is turquoise blue with sparkly seahorses on it. They are nice enough to wear to school.
Jeremy Jr. found an ornament in the Christmas shop that he liked. He tried to get his parents to buy him one of the figurines like we got him, but luckily I'd already told Kelly about the one we bought him for his Christmas present. So, they told him it was too expensive and let him get the ornament instead.
We went back into Del Sole, too. I had another coupon and got Karen's Christmas presents there. I did buy myself a ring. Michaela got two plastic rings, one for herself and one for Anikca. They were only $1.00 each. I just love that store. Kelly and Jenessa got nail polish, necklaces, rings and their bag. They were having a ball in there, too.
After the shopping we went down and sat on tables next to the water to wait for the fireworks. They do fireworks down there every Thursday to honor veterans. Michael, Kelly and Jeremy went off and got sodas for everyone.
The fireworks were short. But, they were really pretty. It was a great way to end the evening. We all really enjoyed each other's company a lot. I can't believe we have to go home soon. This vacation has just sped by way too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment