
Well, here it is. It's our last day in Destin. The only thing that makes me want to go home is I do miss my Abby dog. Other than that I am sad it's over so soon. It went by way too fast. I'm not sure what we're going to do for most of the day, but I got up early to go out on the beach by myself.
I was up by 5:30 a.m. Sunrise was at 6:00 am and I wanted to get some sunrise pictures out on the beach. There were a few other people out there, but not many. It was great to be out there by myself like that. The waves are still crashing. There were more jelly fish on the beach, but I have a feeling it's like that early in the morning. There weren't more in the water, about the same as has been the past few days.
I spent about 45 minutes out on the beach by myself this morning. I was just walking, looking at the waves and taking pictures. There were a lot of high clouds out so the sunrise wasn't spectacular. I did manage to get some really good shots, though. Ironically, I got them facing west instead of east. The sun was reflecting off a cloud that way. With the waves crashing beneath it, it was really pretty. I also took some with sea oats in the foreground. I can't wait to get home and look at my pictures on the computer screen.
When I got back to the condo it was only about 6:30 or so. Everyone was still asleep and I was wide awake. I guess early morning sea spray will do that do you. So, I got started on laundry. I put two loads in at one time. Then, I sat down here to blog.
After I finished my blog about the water park I went to check on my laundry. There was another woman there getting ready to do laundry, too. She and I talked a little while. She's not had a good experience with her condo. She went through an agency instead of an owner. I gave her the name of the website I used.
It was fun talking to her. Her family is living in Germany right now because her husband is in the military and that's where he's stationed. But, they are from Missouri. Her husband grew up in Troy and her BIL still lives in St. Charles County. She's from Mountain View, which is in southern Missouri.
It is now 8:45. The kids and I are eating breakfast and Michael is still asleep. When he gets up I guess we'll decide what we're going to do. At some point we will have to get things packed. I think MIL and FIL are going to want to leave EARLY tomorrow morning. They like to be home by supper time. I'm sad it's almost over, but I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment