Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Speed Bump (January 8, 2008)


Well, I may have screwed up our plans to go to Destin this summer. I did something very stupid today. I came home from work early today because I was not feeling well at all. I think I have the stomach flu. So, I laid down and rested most of the afternoon. I decided that I would go pick the kids up late this afternoon since Michael's work is a lot further away now and it would mean the kids staying at daycare until almost 6:00 pm if they waited for him.


My garage door on my side of the garage has a tendency to stick. It goes up a few inches and then stops. So, I have to wait to see if it's going to go up. Today, it decided to go up about half way and get stuck. Since I saw daylight in the garage I did not turn around to look so I did not notice that the door was only half way up. Yes, it was a stupid move.


I ran into the garage door. It shattered my back windshield, and I do mean it SHATTERED it. There was glass everywhere. We were not sure if it bent the frame of the tail gate, but it looked like it. I also managed to knock the garage door off its track. What a mess. I managed to get all the glass I could see up off the drive way and garage floor before Michael got home with the kids. I'm just so angry with myself.

No comments: