
We are about 52 days away from our vacation. I've got 11 days of work left. I have decided not to do too much planning or shopping for our vacation until work is over. Work is just really stressing me out right now.
Michaela said something yesterday about it taking 3 or 4 hours to drive to Florida. I had to laugh. I asked her if she didn't remember it took us two days to drive to Orlando last summer. It took us a whole day to drive home from Destin. She balked when I reminded her it would take us about 13 or 14 hours to drive down there again this summer. I told her that's why we're leaving the evening before we have to check in. I guess that long drive home did not bother her much last summer. The drive home is what killed me. But, we had a whirlwind vacation last summer. This summer it should be much more relaxing, so hopefully the drive home won't be so bad for me.
But, ah, who wants to think about it being over and having to come home? I am looking forward to this vacation and part of me "can't wait." But, I don't want it to be over for two reasons. One, that will mean that it's over. And, two, it'll mean we're just a couple weeks away from going back to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment