Monday, February 18, 2008

How Soon They Forget


There's really nothing new to report in the planning of our vacation. I mean how much can we really do at this point? It's still five months away. But, I thought I'd post about something here.

I was going through bills and such this weekend. I noticed (as did Michael) that there was a $350 charge on our credit card through Paypal for January. Ok, I know I've made some big purchases in the last couple months, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what I'd spent that money on. Michael wanted to know, too. Who can blame him? That's a large amount of money.

Anyway, silly me, when I went to look it up I realized that it was something I should have remembered. It was the deposit on our condo in Destin. Sheesh, how quickly can someone forget about something like that. Anyway, at least we got it figured out.

Right now it is gently snowing big fat flakes of snow. It's below 32 degrees outside and we are still held tightly in the grip of winter. I am dreaming of being on that beach this summer right now. I am not a winter hater. I actually like snow and winter, but this winter is the coldest we've had in a long time and I'm over it for this season. I'm ready for summer, not even caring much about spring this year, which is not usual for me.

Ah, but it will all happen soon enough and then it'll be over with and all I'll have is pictures and memories. But, that's good, right?

No comments: