Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thinking About Meals


We are now 133 days away from our vacation. Since we're staying in a condo we'll be making at least some of our meals. The whole point of having a kitchen is so we don't spend too much money on eating out. Plus, it also means we don't have to shower and get dressed every time we need to eat.


So, I've been thinking about meals. I've done a little research to see if there are any websites dedicated to cooking while on vacation. So far I've not found a whole lot, but there are some things out there. It seems a lot of people are in favor of crock pot cooking. I'm thinking casseroles would be good, too.


I know we still have over 4 months before we leave, but I'd like to get some of this into tentative plans. The problem is, with Michael's parents and his brother's family being down there I'm not sure how often we'll all be eating together or whatever. This also means, I don't know what they will be bringing or planning for meals.


The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to plan for breakfast and one meal a day. That will probably be more than I need to plan. But, then when it gets closer I could sit down with my MIL and SIL and we could make out a flexible plan on who is going to do what as far as meals are concerned. I'm sure we'll eat out some, but I'd like to keep it at a minimum so we can spend money on other things.

No comments: